Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fall-ing Back into Tuestorials

Well, hello team members! Tuestorials are back and we are kicking off by celebrating Fall. My craft inspiration is at it's max right now so I hope you enjoy these past Fall-inspirations!

Fabric Pumpkins:
http://sfetsy.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuestorials-fabric-pumpkins.html


Pumpkin Bread:
http://sfetsy.blogspot.com/2012/10/tuestorial-pumpkin-bread.html


...And here is a new one. For me, it starts with craving Fall flavors then it moves to decor. No pumpkin or dry leaf is safe.
It will be me and I'll be wearing my sewing pants (very worn P.J. bottoms)
I found this recipe a few months ago and managed to contain my excitement to try it. Healthy (mostly...not) and full-on Fall flavors! The key to my heart.

Pumpkin Orzo
(source: www.seriouseats.com)


Materials:
  • 8 ounces orzo (you can use wheat, but don't ruin a good thing.)
  • 4 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (I used canned...just like Martha.)
  • 1/2 cup whole milk (I used 2%. This makes it healthy.)
  • 30 sage leaves, cut into ribbons (dry is OK too! Save some for garnish because you are a classy person.)
  • 1 shallot, diced (I used a small onion...rockin' the boat here.)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 20 grinds fresh black pepper
  • 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
Witches brew…and real life stove mess
Step 1:

In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of broth and 3 cups of water to boil over high heat. Add orzo. Return to a boil and cook for 9 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Drain and set aside.


The smell, so amazing
Step 2:

Meanwhile, sauté shallots (or onion) and sage in butter (pour one out for Julia Child) for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add 3/4 cup of broth and 1/2 cup of milk. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes or so.




Step 3:

Add pumpkin puree to simmering broth and stir well. Add salt, pepper, and remaining 3/4 cup of broth. Reduce heat and simmer on medium low for 10 to 12 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired consistency (thick and gooey).

Serve with a side of pumpkin
Step 4:

Stir in Parmesan cheese. Toss with orzo and serve hot. Put on your favorite cozy sweater, turn on Practical Magic, and enjoy!


If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, visit Our Team Page about joining SFEtsy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...