Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Featured Shop - MVegan5

Sf Etsy Team member MVegan5 has an adorable shop chock full of animal inspired artwork & accessories. In fact MVegan5 loves animals so much she founded and co-leads the Etsy For Animals street team. Check out her wonderfully simplistic pieces and answers to our "Featured Shop" questions:

1. Tell us about your product and where you get your inspiration.
I create paintings, prints, cards, and recycled/vintage component jewelry and accessories inspired by animals and nature. All of my creations are vegan (animal friendly), and 10% of all sales go to the animal charity of the month. I use recycled materials whenever I can.

2. How did you get involved with etsy?
I can't remember how I found Etsy, but I love it, especially the wonderful teams I'm involved in. I founded and co-lead EFA Artists Helping Animals (formerly Etsy for Animals). We are a group of more than 600 independent artists, independent craftspeople, independent vintage suppliers, and independent art and craft suppliers combining our efforts to provide charitable relief to animals. We raise money for animal charities through our own shops, and through our collective EFA Team Shop: 100% to the animals, where 100% of profits go to our animal charity of the month. I'm so happy to be a part of this wonderful group helping animals!

3. Do you sell your work in any bay area stores?
Yes, I have jewelry at Slash Jeans - 2840 College Avenue in Berkeley, and Needles & Pens - 3253 16th Street - in the Mission District of SF.

4. When you're not creating what are you doing?
I teach English to kids and adults, as well as teaching art sometimes. I love walking and yoga, going to the gym, spending time with our two rescued kitties, Moses and Tala, reading, and eating yummy vegan food!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...