Thursday, April 9, 2009

Featured shop - Bibs4drips

This weeks featured seller Bibs4drips offers adorable baby accessories like blankets, burpies, and cloth toys in fabrics for both little girls AND boys.

1) Tell us about your product and where you get your inspiration.
I started making bibs4drips in the spring of 2008. My daughter who was an avid drooler gave me the idea of a small bib that wasn’t covering her beautiful clothes and caught most of the dribs. I made few bibs for myself and soon people started commenting about them. So I made more. Shortly after, I noticed that my daughter played so much with tags that were attached to blankets and toys. So I made a little lovie for her. Again, my friends loved the idea and now Loveme or Hugme is the 2nd best selling item in my shop. When I have time, I am making more baby friendly items (just added burp clothes) and work on blankets.
Since I am also a big photographer, I make my own cards and sell those on Etsy as well.
So my inspiration comes from necessity. And love for beautiful things. Photos. Fabrics. Colorful ribbons. My children. Thinking about something and then make it.

2) How did you get involved with etsy?
After I sent out my look-at-my-new-business email, my sister in law forwarded me an email from her friend who said I should check out Etsy and post my stuff there. I researched it for few days and signed up shortly after. Love it since!

3) Do you sell your work in any bay area stores?
Unfortunately not. I did talk to few store owners but that was before Christmas and many of them told me that they don’t have enough space for more items. I will eventually pick it up again and make more visits. I would love to do a show somewhere in the Bay Area so if you have any info, please pass it along to me.

4) When you're not creating what are you doing?
Taking care of my two beautiful children, 4 years old boy and 15 months old daughter and my handsome and smart husband. Keeping in touch with my girlfriends. Eating Chinese and Vietnamese food. Chatting in Etsy chats. Twittering. Taking more pictures to make more cards and to add to my blog. Oh yes, blogging and reading lots of blogs. And trying to sew and sew and sew. Which sometimes is hard with two little kids in the house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...