Sunday, May 3, 2009
This weeks featured shop PeripheryDesigns has seriously impressed me with some beautiful jewelery. Periphery Designs makes it all: Necklaces, earrings, rings & bracelets and every piece is stunningly beautiful. Check out my Q&A with designer Angela then head over to her etsy shop and prepare to fall in love.
1) Tell us about your product and where you get your inspiration.
- I work with a lot of different materials, but I draw most of my inspiration from nature, whether that means tumbling and polishing a beach rock to make a necklace, embedding local plants in resin, then wrapping them in wire to make a pendant, or forging silver into a leaf shape to make a pair of earrings. I live right by the beach, so I'll take any excuse to be outside!
2) How did you get involved with etsy?
- I had been making and wearing my own jewelry for a while, and several of my friends mentioned that I should sell it. At first, I brushed aside their comments, but after a while, I decided that I should at least give it a try. I heard about Etsy from other friends that make homemade items, and I decided to give it a go - and I haven't looked back ever since.
3) Do you sell your work in any bay area stores?
- Right now, my work is being featured in the Coupa Cosas (=Objects of Desire) gallery in Palo Alto. I am always on the lookout for places that like to support local artists!
4) When you're not creating what are you doing?
- I wish I could spend all day making jewelry, playing with my hammers and torch and metals...but alas, I have other obligations. I am a grad student, getting my masters in nursing, and I also work full time as a nurse. It doesn't leave much time, but I spend most of my spare moments making jewelry. It's too much fun not to!
Posted by Brownies Vintage at 5:17 PM