Friday, February 26, 2010

Feature Friday


Happy Friday!

Lets kick this weekend off with an exciting interview of a smashingly successful woman and her unique crystal healing jewelry.


1. What is your shop name and URL?


I Dig Crystals: Sheila Satin Originals http://sheilasatin.etsy.com


2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong?


SFETSY & CCCOE


3. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?


I create one-of-kind crystal healing jewelry pieces and accessories. I took a simple beading class in 2008 not expecting to have the patience for the art, but soon discovered that creating jewelry is my passion! I combined this with my current occupation as a crystal healer and shop-owner at Satin Crystals in San Francisco and I know this is what I will love doing for the rest of my life!


4. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you!


I am half-Thai, half-Indian, but I was raised in the USA in an open-minded, non-traditional household where the only rule was "Do good". Satin Crystals started out when my late-father took an elective course on Crystal Healing at his school of Hypnotherapy. He and my mother would travel around the world teaching energy healing classes and when the right time came they offered for me to start selling crystals locally. We started out mainly at tradeshows, eventually went to online and then my sister, Lisa, opened our retail shop and healing community in Nob Hill, San Francisco in May 2009. I moved up from Southern California to the Bay area in 2009 to help her run the shop!

Some people find it interesting that my boyfriend is a medical doctor and I am a crystal healer. Our cat, Charles, is neither, so it works out ;)

Besides creating, I love traveling, cooking, throwing parties, organizing, watching tv, reading fantasy books and eating sushi.


5. What inspires your creations?


Universal energy - the mystery of life and all of its unexplained forces.


6. How did you get involved with Etsy?


I was already selling online at ebay, but etsy was a much better venue for my handmade creations, so I started my etsy shop as soon as I had enough inventory!


7. What is your biggest challenge related to your Etsy shop?


Marketing. Or rather, the implementation of marketing. I have all the ideas, just need someone to implement them!


8. What is your favorite item in your shop? Why is it your favorite?


http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34896036 This is one of my first metalsmithing pieces and I like that it reminds me of one of the few videogames I ever enjoyed while incorporating Garnet - the stone of ultimate health!


9. What advice do you have for other folks selling or buying on Etsy?


You will get back as much time you are willing to put in.


10. What crafting skill(s) do you wish you had or hope to learn someday?


I am currently in the process of expanding my line to include crystal healing wands and other useful tools to bring natural energy healing to the masses! Ideally I would like to learn all the crafting skills out there, but I know I must stay focused!



11. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?


You can find more information about me, my creations and crystal healing at: http://www.idigcrystals.com


You can find out more about me, my family, healers, events, classes, meditations, crystals and join our mailing list at: http://www.satincrystals.com


To read or submit crystal healing related questions: http://sheilasatin.blogspot.com


To see our online commercial for Satin Crystals: http://www.jippidy.com/satin_crystals


http://www.facebook.com/satincrystals


12. Is there anything else you’d like to tell us about your shop or your work?


What I want most is for us all to realize that we have the power to manifest anything we want for our current lives. We should all take responsibility for what happens to our health and happiness for as long as we should be so blessed to live on this Earth.



Thanks so much, Sheila, for taking the time to let the team get to know you a little better. Your entrepreneurial and spiritual success is truly admirable

3 comments:

Angelina Fong Designs said...

Great feature--- Sheila does beautiful work. I especially love her earrings, very unique!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

Fantastic feature! Loved learning more about Sheila and her shop!

Helene Ehrlich said...

Great blog! I really dig the intro picture, it creates a mood as I was reading it.

Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...