Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Savvy Entrepreneur


This blog is dedicated in loving memory of my Grandma Kornelia.

Today I took Chubbs for his first play date. My cousin also has a bulldog and, after many years of not seeing her, we decided to meet up. It was an amazing and blessed day! Not only was it a beautiful day in Santa Cruz, 70+ degrees and not a cloud in the sky, it was a nice reunion with someone I've lost touch with. It was so nice to come back together and "re-meet" someone as adults, as women who have push through, grew and changed into successful and happy women. Our mothers grew up together, and we grew up together. Facing different obstacles than our parents, but still facing our parents choices, we can often fall into patterns, that become integrated into our lives. Moving forward past life's obstacles, takes hard work, determination, and pure love of self. Seeing my cousin happy, prosperous, and with a bulldog to play with mine, made my day!

On days like these, I am reminded of the gift of life and how people come into our lives at the right time. My cousin brings great memories of times that are now long gone. Without those moments and people, I wouldn't be who I am today. We have been through a lot together, and apart. And I am happy to have her back in my life.

Life is precious and, just as God gives, he also takes. I recently went to my Grandma's memorial. I traveled to New Jersey to celebrate her life. I'd like to share the end of my Grandpa's speech. He and my grandma were married for 65 years. Both immigrants to this country from Nazi Germany. My grandmother, despite her Nazi education, married a German Jew. She struggled with dementia for the last years of her life, but always had a smile and a song for us when we visited.

"...for the last couple years of her life, every night, around 10pm, she would ask me to tuck her in. I would tuck her in, and every night she would say to me, you're the best thing that has ever happed to me, and I would reply, you are the best thing that has happed to me. She would then fall soundly asleep..."

My grandpa was happy that those were the last words he said to her. Make the last words you speak, before going to bed, be words of love.

Being a savvy entrepreneur is not only about being creative and hardworking in your business, but understanding and going with the flow of life. Acknowledging your past, and celebrating your future, while staying present, is a balance. Take the time to live moments.

Till next week, work hard, love often and give thanks.



By: Twitter Buttons

1 comment:

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

A beautiful post.... my condolences on the passing of your Grandma. That evening ritual is absolutely touching.

Thanks as always for sharing your experiences and perspective.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...