Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Savvy Entrepreneur

A tribute to Michael Jackson (RIP) at Bill's Wheels, Santa Cruz, Ca

Happy Thursday! I don't really have a theme to talk about today, so I thought I would just type off the top of my head. Let's see where this takes us...

I've been forcing myself to get up earlier everyday. I've been "sleeping-in" due to late nights of printing and being productive. But soon (July), I will be teaching full-time, and I'll have to get up even earlier! I am excited to be embarking on this new adventure. Although, it will be a change. I won't be home in the mornings, doing my routine. I'll be up and at it before 6am. Yes, I am spoiled, as I don't get up until 7 or 8am.

Now my income will double, but my time will decrease. But it's okay, because it will give me more freedom to do what I need/want. More money for the business!

Running a business on your own cash can be difficult, to say the least. But oh, does it feel good not to pay monthly loan payments! It does limit what we can sometimes do, but we always make do with what we have.

A photograph from our recent photoshoot. Shout out to Gaby! Finding the perfect (and free) spot to take pictures is easy! I always go to my favorite locations. I love the boardwalk...always will!

As I sit here and type, listening to the sounds of the dishwasher and Chubb's snoring, while contemplating cleaning up my desk, I wonder where all of this will take me. Will I be able to stay emotionally healthy when things get larger than life? How do financially successful people (who come from meager backgrounds) keep themselves grounded? How do I not allow my own insecurities get the best of me? I work on this daily, hourly, minute by minute. Keeping myself conscious of my actions is not always an easy thing. For many years I survived, not worrying about my actions effects on others, I carried my own weight, others secrets (as well as my own) and my insecurities behind a wall. Re-emerging as a new woman has been a great feat. Although at times I fall and stumble on the cracks it left behind, I count on my partner, my best friend and my muse to help hold me up. He keeps me balanced when I'm feeling off, and sometimes, it's hard to hear my faults, I work on them, acting as if it's not a big deal, so I don't freak myself out. It's a balance, being a strong woman, business owner, mentor, artist, daughter, sister, friend, wife. But I get up and do it everyday, even if I don't necessarily feel like it, because life is short, selfishness is not an option and living to my full capacity has made my life more productive and happy.
My Buddha, from Thailand. It always brings me peace.
Photograph by Me. Photograph available here.


Till next week, remember to give thanks and praise to the most high, live to love and enjoy nature.
Follow Cr84empowerment on Twitter

If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Jen from Mama's Magic Studio about joining SFEtsy!

1 comment:

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

great post! I especially love the pic at the boardwalk. It is indeed a balance, isn't it? I think it's very important to have strong role models for how to walk that walk and balance everything. I enjoy reading your posts and I know that you are a good role model for other businesswomen and men (not to mention your students) -- brava to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...