Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inspired by Handmade: tie the knot


Love is definitely filling the summer air! I'm surrounded by friends who are planning their big day or have recently walked down the aisle. It's such an exciting time for not just the bride and groom but even for family and friends.

There's so much inspiration on the internet on how to give your wedding day a special personalized touch. From wonderful blogs like Style Me Pretty and Once Wed to online shops that sell handmade wedding goods. I used a lot of these wedding sites to help get my wedding together last year and one of my favorite touches was this handmade clay bouquet by Deb of Keepsake Blossoms. I love how I can hold on to it forever and remind me of my special day. :) So, I've chosen "tie the knot" as my theme this week and these are just a few of my favorite inspirational wedding picks!

1. A beautiful butterfly vase for a simple centerpiece
2. Send an intricate wedding invitation and wow your guests
3. Dress up your heels with these
5. Gift lovely ring dishes for the bride-to-be

Did you add any handmade or personalized touches to your wedding? Where did you find your inspiration?

-Akiyo ;)


If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Jen from Mama's Magic Studio about joining SFEtsy!

4 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful items... and yes I did handmake a lot of things for my wedding. I have blog going (as yet unfinished) detailing all the different aspects of planning my wedding, particularly the handmade stuff, in the vague hope someone else might find inspiration there...
http://creativelywedding.blogspot.com/

Jamie Creason said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Couture Carrie said...

Love those shoes!

Gorgeous post!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

@Claire: I just checked out your blog and I love so many of the handmade touches you put into your wedding! Thank you for sharing! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...