Saturday, February 5, 2011

Finding Inspiration - Get Outside!



All over the news these last couple of weeks...we've been hearing the same thing...
"See the 3/4ths of the country swallowed by a blizzard?...yeah, that's not us."

And while I'm tempted to stay in and get my work done (lord knows I can always find more work to do)...I'm also happy to report that I've been getting OUTSIDE! Out in the 60 degree bay area weather...sunny blue Skies. Sure, I might still need to rock my always-needed silk scarf while I'm in the shade...
but I'm outside...Living it up and finding inspiration outside while my friends on the East Coast are staying in and getting cozy.

Finding inspiration outside in the big city, or out in the country keeps our minds happy and gets ideas flowing. So, while you can, take a step outside for a walk. See what inspiration comes out of a bit of fresh air.

Here are some SF Etsy Team Members that are Inspired by Handmade - and for SURE inspired by being outside!



What kind of inspiration did you find these last couple weeks of beautiful weather?

If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Jen from Mama's Magic Studio about joining SFEtsy!

7 comments:

xmoonbloom said...

today was such a nice day out. definitely need a bike! thanks so much, katy!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

awesome collection! most of my family lives back east so I've been trying not to make them feel *too* bad about all our sunshine. gotta love it!

Leaf and Tendril said...

Great treasury Katy! Well done!

bugunderglass said...

nice job!

evenhoward said...

i'm always inspired by the feel of sun on my shoulders... if times i feel not so inspired or motivated, i find a heat source of some kind fixes me right up!
this week i've been thinking of spring brights and the cool pastels of the mornings~these daydreams will turn into headbands and matching clips for pairs of peeps.
a design challenge i often give myself is to think of place and season and then see how my work would adapt to that~sunny skies means more movement, less covering and more color to me.
(loving this new series katy!)

Andrea Fuentes said...

I've been people watching like crazy on while I walk. Trying to see what's good in the fashion world on the streets :)

Hilary said...

It's still sunny so I think you blog post is making things happen!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...