Monday, October 31, 2011

Thanks for a Fabulous First Annual Craft Swap!

We came, we swapped, we networked -- we made banners! We had a great time at yesterday's First Annual SF Etsy Craft Swap and Networking Event!
Swapping some Crafty Goodness!

You'll be hearing more details about the event from our Savvy Entrepreneur this week, but I wanted to take a moment to personally thank the amazing SF Etsy Meet Up Committee for all their hard work putting together this event-- especially Lisa of Tickle and Smash, Rochelle of Haute Mélange, and Géraldine of Géraldine Adams Illustrations. A lot of planning and energy went into making the event a success, and we really appreciate it.

Big thanks as well to TechShop SF, S.C.R.A.P., and GoGo Craft for their help and support! And of course thanks to Etsy for the team grant that helped make it possible!

Lastly, on a personal note, I'd like to send out a big warm fuzzy gratitude hug to those of you who were behind the gift that I was given at the event. What a super surprise! It's been almost two years now since I stepped up as the team leader for SF Etsy, and it's been a lot of work, but I'm just thrilled by how much the team has grown and developed in that time. It means a lot to me that y'all would be so thoughtful as to get me something to mark my devotion to the team -- I will use my new car magnet with pride! (It has the SF Etsy logo on it and my own Etsy shop name and address, isn't that neat?)
From left to right: Rochelle of Haute Mélange , Jen (yours truly) of Mama's Magic Studio, Devon from TechShopSF (our fabulous go-to gal for help with organizing!) and Lisa of Tickle and Smash

Events like this are just one example of the awesome things we're now able to do, because of the hard work put in by many of the people on the team. Thanks to everybody who helped make this event possible! We're already excited about what the Second Annual might look like!

If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Jen from Mama's Magic Studio about joining SFEtsy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...