Saturday, August 18, 2012

Inspired by Handmade Tutorials on Pinterest!


A couple weeks ago I decided I was long overdue for a craft night at my house. Must of been right around while I was at Renegade - we saw all these amazing crafts that mostly made me sad I didn't have the funds to cash in on all the cute to be had there.

So I decided to pull my all of my embroidery thread and scraps out of the dust pile they have been living in - invite a few friends over from SF Etsy - and play around with a tutorial from Pinterest that Lisa found.

In Attendence:
Lisa from TickleandSmash
Rebecca from OodleBaDoodle
Stephanie from SinceSass (our new tutorial blogger!)
Katy from KatyAtchisonIllustrations (the host)
Brandi from Urban Bazaar (where our Holiday show will be in December!)

Materials Used:
  1. Fabric from the SF Etsy Day at Fabmo --> Read about that Day Here!
  2. Felt & hair clips from Diaso
  3. Embroidery Thread from the bottom of Katy's closet

Here's the step by step instructions we found on Pinterest & were inspired by:

Here's a look at all the fun we had!

materials everywhere! This is what happens when everyone you invite loves crafting, too!
I started by cutting out the pattern and then the felt
wine from Napa, the flower pattern and fabric craps in flower shapes by SinceSass

Tuna, Katy's cat, had to get in on on the fun. Notice her guarding the Fabmo finds

Lisa of Tickleandsmash looking adorable with her new hair clip!


We would love to see what projects you were inspired by on Pinterest!
SPEAKING OF PINTEREST & SF Etsy - CHECK OUT OUR TUTORIALS ON THERE
Most all of our current Tutorials from the Tuestorial column are on there! Re-Pin and show some SF Etsy love.



If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Katy or Steph about joining SFEtsy!

2 comments:

ash said...

i LOVE this post! How fun! The fabmo fabric is perfect for this project! And, yes, Lisa does look adorbs!

Katy said...

Doesn't she?! This was a super fun project - I love how pinterest gives us inspiration. And it's fun to get together and try out an online tutorial, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...