Friday, February 1, 2013

Meet Your New Co-Captain of SFEtsy


We had a tremendous year in 2012. And we accomplished so so SO much stuff... including building a complete Leadership Team - with committees and volunteers! Each leader spends 10-20 hours a week helping our team succeed in ways large and small. This year, we have a new Co-Captain stepping up the ranks to help me (Katy) lead the team!

Announcing our new Co-Captain: EVEN HOWARD!


Even Howard, Co-Captain of SFEtsy

Even has been tirelessly going above and beyond for SFEtsy this last year as the Leader in charge of Business Development & Education. Through this committee she organized many team workshops and events (like the Holiday Boot Camp, Zoo Event and the Bazaar Bizarre SFEtsy Booth!).
As well as contributed to the blog, built the team survey, helped with social committee and
meetup committee. Also, a little known fact - Even has been on Etsy the longest out of
ALL of our over 800 members!

Even's Etsy Shop ~ Nadene
 
Even on Facebook
 Even on Twitter
Even on Pinterest
Even on Instagram

Even says, "Handmade has always been the cultural touchstone of my life. Long before I knew that everyone didn't live such a life, I enjoyed making gifts for friends and family and my first thought when I had a want for something new was how I could make it with something I already had. I love ideas and their fruition, the collaborative synergy as well as the lone exploring along the way. My crochet jewelry is born of this journey, my own answer to the question of how to live simply and well while encouraging and enabling others to do the same in their own way. I've now lived in San Francisco longer than any other place in my life. Enjoying living at the place where people meet the ocean, I'm consciously learning from the people and potential of this city and especially our Etsy team beings and doings. Our team creates momentum and inspiration along with all our arts for sale and I love being part of that."

Her favorite item in her Etsy Shop is this Cedar Facet Geo Wood Ring.


EVEN'S CURRENT PROJECTS:
~ SFETSY Zoo Calendar (premiering soon!) - a partnership between SFEtsy, Weave & The SFZoo
~ Outright & Etsy Taxes Workshop! - Happening in Early March at Ruth's Table

Ask Even anything and she'll give you the answers you're looking for. She has years of expertise in selling her own work on Etsy, licensing products, working with retail businesses, gallery and event management, teaching workshops & more! 

Together your Co-Captains - Even and Katy look forward to supporting SFEtsy!

TAKE ACTION: JOIN A COMMITTEE

Over the next couple of months, we will be looking toward team members and asking people to join committees and TAKE ACTION - be brave, contribute to our supportive arts community in ways that mean something to you. You want to know a secret? Why this community works so well, is because it's based around supporting members through projects each member is passionate about.  Now is a great time to reach out and be part of upcoming events as well as share new ideas.
SFEtsy is what you want it to be! 
WHO IS ON THE LEADERSHIP TEAM: read up here
HOW TO JOIN A COMMITTEE: Email Katy or Even!

Your Co-Captains, Katy & Even at a Crafty Computer Event - Photo by Adra of Stone Valentine


If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Our Team Captain about joining SFEtsy!

6 comments:

Katy said...

I'm so over the moon about this! You guys - seriously... Even is probably one of the most kind, intelligent, inspiring and motivational people I know. We are SO SO SO lucky to have her leading the team this year. I'm really even MOST LUCKY out of everyone because I get to work along side her and learn from her. YAY! GO EVEN, GO!

Astrid said...

Wonderful news!!!
Astrid

evenhoward said...

Thanks to such a wonderful team! I was touched when Katy told me that many of you suggested me for this role~looking forward to taking some steps in these big shoes and getting to know more of you better :)
Thank you Katy for such a nice welcome!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

This is such awesome news! I'll fess up that I was one of many who suggested Even as a natural choice for leadership in the team. So glad to have Katy and Even as captains!!! Thanks to you both for everything you do for SF Etsy. WE're so lucky to have your leadership!

A Year in Dakar said...

Congratulations. This is a delightful "big bomb" message. I myself look forward to getting to meet you and know you more. You always are so even keeled with your advice!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! Thank you so much for everything you do - I feel so fortunate to belong to such an awesome cool team :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...