Over the last few weeks we had had a couple of fabulous team workshops at Rickshaw Bags in the Dogpatch. Thanks to everyone who came out to learn about Rickshaw and get inspired for this contest!
Even if you didn't make it to one of the workshops - YOU CAN PARTICIPATE!
The deadline for the contest entry is May 27th by 11:59pm
DESIGN CONTEST DETAILS: (same as last time with a couple of changes- Katy wrote a great blog post about it so I'm copying that (edited) info below)
Design the front flap of a Rickshaw Bagworks Medium Zero Messenger Bag.
Materials You Can Use (limitations on material usage):
- For Illustrations/Screenprints/Paint - use 10 oz. weight canvas & screen printing paint. Waterproofing is a good idea just in case it gets caught in the rain when it's made into a bag
- Fabric choices - upholstery fabric or canvas, something heavier than quilting cotton. You can do a quilting technique or use your sewing machine to patch on different pieces to the front flap...the world is your oyster. You can even add a pocket to the front also - any buttons would need to be added AFTER the bag is produced by Rickshaw
- For Embroidery: see above. :) You can embroider on any heavy-weight fabric or back your design onto a heavy upholstery weight fabric.
NO GLITTER - NO SEQUINS - NO FEATHERS - NO EXTRA PARTS
Nothing that could get stuck in a machine when being cut or assembled.
Bag design should lay flat and be easy to fold up... nothing too thick, sticky or messy.
IF YOU WANT TO ADD THESE MATERIALS, DO SO AFTER THE BAG HAS BEEN PRODUCED BY RICKSHAW
Download and view the pattern below
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V3Ju4w0CqEo/UDkxMP3jzFI/AAAAAAAAAms/TP8Ab8JLH5A/s1600/messengerBag_rickshawZero_medium_SFETSYFLAP.jpgyour submission will be is 20" by 15"
Keep your main design in the safe area shown below, also, keep in mind that there is a 4" fold over where your flap folds onto the bag. Allow for that fold in your design and keep in mind when you are looking at the bag, you may not see the design folded in back.
PLEASE DO NOT CUT IT INTO A FLAP SHAPE
(Richshaw uses a laser to cut the bags into the shape for production, so DONT CUT YOUR FLAP!)
How to submit your flap design:
We will be holding a photo gallery contest on Facebook, you can upload up to 3 different designs to the gallery starting today, May 9, 2014. That means you have 3 chances to win! You can only upload one entry per day.
Make sure your photo is high quality before you upload it. Four options for uploading your photo to the Facebook Gallery:
1. You can use the Zazzle mock up tool if you want to mock up your flap into a custom bag design yourself - click here.
2. You can submit your HIGH QUALITY photo to Katy and she will photoshop it into a bag design for you to upload. - ALL PHOTOS FOR KATY MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 21st.
3. You can simply submit a photo of your flap without it being mocked up onto a bag.
4. You can photoshop your flap onto a bag yourself and upload your mocked up bag to the photo gallery on Facebook.
Click here to enter!
All photos must be uploaded to Facebook on May 27th by 11:59pm to be included in the gallery for the contest. The photo gallery will be open for votes starting May 28th, 2014 and voting will close at midnight Friday, June 6th, 2014.One vote per Facebook user, you will receive a link when you submit your entry to share with your network.
We will have a wrap up party and announce the winner of the design contest on Sunday June 8th at Rickshaw Bags in the Dogpatch. More details to come!
WE WANT TO SEE YOUR WORKS IN PROGRESS TAG YOUR PHOTOS ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM WITH #SFEtsyWIP so the Social media crew can share the love!
Thank you for making it to the end of this blog post! Let us know if you have questions!
If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, visit Our Team Page about joining SFEtsy!