Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Feature ~ Brown Fox Calligraphy

Its Friday Feature time again and this week we are featuring Brown Fox Calligraphy. Owner Brianne Connolly is a civil engineer with a love for writing and typography.


1. What is your shop name and URL?
Brown Fox Calligraphy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/brownfoxcalligraphy

2. To which Etsy Teams do you belong?
SFEtsy
Etsians of Facebook



3. Please tell us about the items in your Etsy shop. What do you make? How did you learn your craft? What is involved in your creative process?
My shop contains calligraphy items that are ready to be customized! I include stamps, prints, calendars, and pre-designed wedding invitation suites in my Etsy shop. I picked up calligraphy 3 years ago after being asked to do the paper products for my good friend's wedding. I have been learning ever since! My creative process involves getting to know my client and what their vision is, and providing unlimited proofs to ensure that we come to a place where are both excited with the end product.



4. Tell us two (or more) other interesting things about you.
My full time job is as a civil engineer. I design roads and highways in Northern California. The name of my calligraphy business is based on my initials (BFC) and the phrase that contains all the letters of the alphabet, "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."



5. Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?
My official website: http://www.brownfoxcalligraphy.com

6. What does buying and selling local handmade mean to you, and how has it affected your life?
Buying local handmade means a great deal to me because I eventually want to pursue my calligraphy full time, and I know that means I will need the support of people who buy local handmade! The first place I always go when buying gifts is Etsy because I find such amazingly unique products that you know someone has put their heart into. Selling my small business work has been a significant influence on my life, especially for the past year. I have invested more time in order to work towards being able to work on this all day every day, and Etsy helps me one sale at a time!



7. What is your favorite item in your shop (currently for sale or previously sold)? Why is it your favorite?
My favorite item in my shop currently are my 2015 calligraphy calendars. I have never done a calendar before and I had such a blast figuring out what the design was going to look like. I got to use my adorable nieces and some great friends as samples, and I just think it's such a beautiful and functional piece to display in your home.




If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, visit Our Team Page about joining SFEtsy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...