Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Featured Shop - Mae Bee


This weeks featured shop MaeBee has some adorable jewelery to adorn yourself with. MaeBee specializes in bracelets in silver & gold.
Check out my Q & A with designer Marianne:

1) Tell us about your product and where you get your inspiration.
I make handmade jewelry (mostly bracelets) from unusual links, charms and beads in sterling, silverplate, gold vermeil or goldplate. I love the earthiness of waxed linen and leather cords. My pieces have been described as unique, simple and casual...just what I was going for! I get inspiration everywhere...nature, graphics, other art, colors...like most creators, I'm always looking for it, always visually aware.

2) How did you get involved with etsy?
I got involved with Esty through a letterpress class I took in San Francisco from Susan Angebranndt who has an Etsy shop called "Greenchair Press". I mentioned to her that I would love to sell my invitations and paper creations online and she said to check out Etsy...the rest is history! I started posting a few note sets and then suddenly one day I started making jewelry. I wanted a certain bracelet and I figured the best way to get it was to make it! My head exploded (in a good, creative way) and I went nuts (also in a good way) creating all these pieces I had in my head. Poof! M Paper Arts became a jewelry shop. Still wish they'd let me change my username, but somehow people find me. Within 6 months, I was happily working on the shop fulltime and I guess it's paid off. I love the marketing aspects as much as the creating, thank goodness!


3) Do you sell your work in any bay area stores?
I do have many pieces at Coupa Cosa gallery in Palo Alto. I've had shops near me request I consign there, but consignments are a lot to track and not usually worth the time. I've avoided selling too much to local retail shops just because they usually want big percentages off my price and it's already pretty low for my Etsy customer. This makes it not profitable or barely. Most of us fulltimers have the same problem. I do have lots of wholesale accounts in the U.S. and places as far as Australia and even Thailand! I love doing biz out of the country, it's exciting!

4) When you're not creating what are you doing?
When I'm not creating or maintaining my Etsy shop, I can be found walking my dog, hiking with friends, skiing with my family, going to kids games or goofing off on Facebook with old buddies.
And if I'm at an airport, my husband and kids and I spend time looking at people's wrists for a MaeBee bracelet -- can't wait to see one, there's thousands out there!

11 comments:

Australian Assignment Help said...

Australian Assignment Help provides do my assignment for me Australia assistance to students at affordable prices.

Australian Assignment Help said...

Student Life Saviour is best in providing Ireland assignment writing service to students at highly affordable prices.

custom boxes said...


Cosmetics boxes: Best Custom Boxes offer Custom Cosmetic Boxes in pizza boxes numerous designs for all kinds of beauty products; the Palette box, Skincare Box, Eyeliner box, Eye gel box, Lip sick box, Cream box, Facial cleanser box, Lotion box to Facial box. Our range of boxes comprises all the cosmetic products that are available in the market.

TAZEEN said...

Technologistan is the popoular and most trustworthy resource for technology, telecom, business and auto news in Pakistan
oppo A15 price in pakistan

Gyaanshala said...

search life lessons from Mahabharata and learn some important lessons about life.

Alex Kim said...

Good information provided by MaeBee about the jewelry. unusual links, charms and beads in sterling, silverplate, gold vermeil, or goldplate. It is very helpful for every jewelry lover.If you want to get passport translation in Singapore then document translation services singapore is very helpful for you. Here,our experts deliver you an authentic translation of a passport at very moderate rates.

Lucas said...


Vi spiser mindst 1 gang ugentligt indisk / pakistansk mad og kan lide at indisk mad amager sammenligne - hurtigt seating og bestilling - øl og cola var kolde - papadam 2 stk der var “ forberedte “ var ok

It’s usually acceptable to use copyrighted material for educational purposes, cheap disposable coveralls research, parody, or commentary. However, it will likely not be considered fair if it’s for commercial gain.

Neena07 said...

I know how difficult to complete a Dissertation work. but we can do easy. we have a wide expert team they have years of experience in providing Dissertation help. so don't waste your time just visit the site and hire the service now Dissertation help uk

Laura Duncan said...

Awesome that people are ready to tell their life story and share it online. I have to prepare my motivation letter https://papers-land.com/motivation-letter/ and I'm looking for inspiration. Your blog is truly one that inspires and partially motivates you. I'm glad to have found it.

quotes guru said...



Great article admin thank you so muych
Motivational Quotes in tamil
bible verses in tamil
bible words in tami
mokka jokes in tamil
life Quotes in tamil
positive quotes in tamil

MalaysiaAssignmentHelp said...

If you're looking for Final exam helper Malaysia, go to Malaysiaassignmenthelp.com and obtain the assistance of expert exam helpers who can help you earn good results at a low cost.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...