Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tuestorial: Shoe Sachets

Hello SF Etsy team! It's officially Springtime which makes me think about cleaning and organizing (exciting life!). After cleaning out my dresser, I had several pairs panty hose I didn't want to just throw away. I decided something could be done with my pile of scrap fabric, old panty hose, and disorganized shoes. This project can also be used to add a wonderful scent to your dresser drawers or luggage!

Turning scrappy into pretty!
Materials:

  • Panty hose 
  • Fabric scraps
  • Lavender
  • Scissors 
  • Needle
  • Thread

Step 1:

Cut your piece of panty hose depending on the shoe you are filling. I wanted this piece to fit snug inside the toe part of my heels to keep the shape while making my shoes smell good. The "toe" part of the panty hose is obviously the best part of use, but all of it can be used for this project!


Step 2:

Fill the panty hose with lavender. If not using the "toe" part of the panty hose, you will need to hand sew one end before filling.

You're pretty…on the inside
Step 3:

Sew the open end close. I did a fast whip stitch to secure. I didn't worry about it looking pretty or perfect since it will be living inside my shoe.


Step 4:

Select a piece of scrap fabric that will cover your piece of lavender-filled hose. Cover the piece of fabric around it and "wrap" the edges (just like wrapping a gift!). I did another whip stitch on both ends to complete. You could also sew these as drawstring bags!


Step 5:

Now it's ready to be used! You get to open your closet to a lovely scent and a beautiful sight!





If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, visit Our Team Page about joining SFEtsy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...




Very Good information on property dealing. This site has very useful inputs related to Real Estate. Well Done & Keep it up to the team of Property Bytes….


San Francisco Web Design

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...