Wednesday, May 23, 2012

SF Etsy Member Hello Cupcake Interviews Jonathan Adler


We are delighted to present a guest post from SF Etsy team member Stacy of Hello Cupcake -- who recently interviewed Jonathan Adler! It was thanks in part to the support of the SF Etsy team that Stacy was able to gain enough votes to win this opportunity. Read on to learn more about her adventures!
 
"When I sat down for lunch with the public relations representative before my interview, he asked me "How did you do it?  How did you get so many votes".  A few weeks back, I had sent an email to everyone I knew.  I had reached out to the entire SF Etsy Team. I had blogged, tweeted, Facebook and chatted up everyone I could to let them know that I was in the running to meet and interview designer Jonathan Adler in New York City and that I needed their help to get the most votes to win.  I won.  I won in excess of over 1000 votes to the person in second place.  Sometimes it takes a community like SF Etsy to help get you where you need to be.

I'm recently back from my trip to NYC where I was able to meet and interview Jonathan Adler in his SoHo loft.  In choosing what to ask the known designer with stores across the US, his third book in production and having collaborated with some big name companies I wanted my questions to be relevant to people who read my blog and for people who are looking to make a creative leap.  Having an Etsy shop (Hello Cupcake) and recently quitting my full time job at a San Francisco nonprofit as public relations manager to start a boutique pr agency (Hello Cupcake Public Relations) I wanted to talk about fears, failures and successes in the pursuit of following ones creative passions.

To read the interview and see additional images from Jonathan Adler’s studio please visit the Hello Cupcake Blog!"


If you're an Etsy seller in the San Francisco Bay Area, contact Katy or Steph about joining SFEtsy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...